Saturday, May 19, 2007

No more lonely night

Hunting for my favourite DVDs today at Manga Duo today after my tuition at Ancol. As usual, it was very crowded there (people mountain people sea).

Knowing which store to buy it from, i headed straight to it. The lady boss can speak mandarin, thanks to the pirated DVDs business she had, she got the chance to watch & learn mandarin.

Her sister n brother also own another store nearby. Once, she told me that they have to pay the police 7juta (ar S$150) per store for protection money. Protection = police come, they got wind n close shop early. Imagine the amount of money they police collected from the whole building!

What did i buy today? Let me see:
'Nip Tuck' season 3 & 4 (total 10 discs)
'ATLANTIS-MILO'S RETURN'-cartoon
'CSI-LV'-season 7A,7B(Total 4 discs)
Down here, pirated DVDs are very cheap, Rp5000/disc & best deal is 'buy 10 get 1 free'.

Well, with those abundance DVDs here, how can i be lonely? My only problem now is, i bought too many n now i am having problem storing them or disposing them. Being an obedient citizen of my country, i cannot bring all back home, right???

Comparing myself now n 2 years back, i guess i am more courageous now. I can take the local transport by myself from place to place (of course, it must be within my comfort zone).

From manga duo, i need to take the small mini-bus 39(they called it angkor?). cost is Rp2000 ($0.33) for a short journey of about 10 minutes.

This small blue bus will bring u directly to the best invention in Jakarta-the Transjakarta or the local called it bus-way. No matter how many times u transfer within the inter-change, the cost is only Rp 3500($0.60).This is an air-con bus (yes, strong air con too on most of the buses) which have its own road,ie, they specially paved another bus road for it so it is jam-free! No more worry about the traffic jam n the best part is, u watch other people suffer! 哈!哈!i know it is bad of me to say this, sorry.

During rush hour, u just have to wait patiently with the locals, queueing shoulder to shoulder with them, smell the special fragrant of each individual, pretend to listen to their conversation although u don't understand a thing of what they said (that is what i call, act-to-blend-in-with-them-so-u-survive-too-technique). Don't behave like u r very rich or u don't belong to them, smile when necessary, that would be safer too. My secret technique of survival.

Another thing, don't dress too well because after alighting from the bus, u have to walk along their road n anything can happen.

Went to a mall today nearby my place n bought cute things for my nieces/nephews and had a wonderful dinner(Rp 25000=$5). Do errand too for myself too at the mall.Have to refill my cartridges-black& white(Rp30000=$6) + colour(Rp50000=$10). As it was getting late n i am very tired, i took a taxi home which cost me Rp 9000 ($1.50). Normally, i would wait for the free shuttle bus provided by the management but not tonight. Plus, i forgot the timing for it too.

Wouldn't be going there for the next 2 months as i am going home! Plan for next 2 weeks? That is a secret!

2 comments:

口水流 said...

This was kind of adventure,you are independent and smart for sure. ;-D

Diary of Mimi-Dada said...

Scary still whenever i walk on the road. Great experience though, something u can't learn in book.