Monday, July 28, 2008

Raining now

I can hear thunder n see lighting from my bed here...it just started to rain...hopefully not too heavy...cos i m not prepared for that black rain....anyway, i m not working tomorrow....the weather is still very hot n killing in the afternoon.

some useful informations for all to know regarding the raining seasons in Hong Kong:

There are three levels of warning: AMBER, RED and BLACK.

The AMBER signal gives alert about potential heavy rain that may develop into RED or BLACK signal situations. There will be flooding in some low-lying and poorly drained areas. Key Government departments and major transport and utility operators are put on alert.

The RED and BLACK signals warn the public of heavy rain which is likely to bring about serious road flooding and traffic congestion. They will trigger response actions by Government departments and major transport and utility operators. The public will be given clear advice on the appropriate actions to take.

From what i heard of, once the RED?BLACK signal was issued, traffic is going to be dead or congested...either u stay in a safe place or u rush home within an hour or 2...

I got my dream room now : full height window near my bed with wooden floor tiles...except that the beautiful picture now is occupying a very small area....i hv no way to change my bed position, not to mention that wooden cupboard....can u imagine that i knocked myself few times in my bedroom? (btw, i am small built and still skinny, as usual)

Being a vegetarian in hong kong is difficult...people here are almost meat eater (my friend described them as carnivores)....everyday, i have to search for green leaves to eat,the task is challenging...i can only find one pure vegetarian restaurant in Shatian since i arrived here 8 days ago.

I would definitely enjoy the stay here should i not be a vegetarian...they have abundant delicious food here. Went to library and Yi Tian (a Japanese supermarket)yesterday n i was really amazed at the types of food being offered there...my favourite soft shell crab -big n crispy around s$4....(Dxxx would definitely love this place cos her favourite is Japanese food)so many varieties of jap food n i could hardly pull myself away..Oh! the fruits too...so juicy n fresh n expansive! one small honeydew = S$25....i wonder how many can affort it...

No comments: